kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
James Megellas in 2009
|Born||March 11, 1917 |
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, U.S.
|Died||April 2, 2020 (aged 103) |
Colleyville, Texas, U.S.
|Allegiance||United States of America|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Unit||Company "H", 3rd Battalion,|
504th Parachute Infantry Regiment,
82nd Airborne Division
|Battles/wars||World War II|
• Operation Shingle
• Operation Market Garden
• Battle of the Bulge
|Awards|| Distinguished Service Cross|
Silver Star (2)
Bronze Star (2)
Purple Heart (2)
James Megellas (March 11, 1917 – April 2, 2020) was a United States Army officer. He commanded a platoon in Company "H" of the 3rd Battalion, 504th Parachute Infantry Regiment (PIR), 82nd Airborne Division during World War II.
- Connaher, Justin (May 24, 2009). "A MAN OF PRECIOUS METTLE". The Reporter (Fond du Lac, Wisconsin). http://www.fdlreporter.com/article/20090524/FON0101/905240587/1985. Retrieved 2009-05-26. [dead link]
- Young, Michael E. (December 12, 2007). "War hero offers words of encouragement to troops". The Dallas Morning News (Dallas, Texas). Archived from the original on July 17, 2011. https://web.archive.org/web/20110717004402/http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/121307dnmetmegellas.2ac4bf1.html. Retrieved 2009-05-26.
- Razner, Sarah; Roznik, Sharon (3 April 2020). "Farewell to Fond du Lac's finest: James "Maggie" Megellas dies at the age of 103". The Reporter (Fond du Lac, Wisconsin). https://www.fdlreporter.com/story/news/2020/04/03/james-maggie-megellas-fond-du-lac-war-hero-dies-age-103/2938815001/. Retrieved 3 April 2020.
- James' Official website
- New 2013 House Bill H.R.2082 for Medal of Honor
- New 2013 Senate Bill S.993 for Medal of Honor
- 'All The Way To Berlin' - Random House
- Interview on All the Way to Berlin at the Pritzker Military Museum & Library
- Part 2 of Interview on All the Way to Berlin at the Pritzker Military Museum & Library
- Megellas Appearances on C-SPAN