kidzsearch.com > wiki
|20th Surgeon General of the United States|
September 5, 2017 – January 20, 2021
|Preceded by||Vivek Murthy|
|Succeeded by||Vivek Murthy|
|Health Commissioner of Indiana|
October 22, 2014 – September 5, 2017
|Preceded by||William VanNess|
|Succeeded by||Kristina Box|
|Born||September 22, 1974|
Orange, New Jersey, U.S.
|Education||University of Maryland, Baltimore County (BA, BS)|
Indiana University, Indianapolis (MD)
University of California, Berkeley (MPH)
|Branch/service||PHS Commissioned Corps|
|Years of service||2017–present|
Before assuming his current role, he served as the Indiana State Health Commissioner from 2014 to 2017. On June 29, 2017, President Donald Trump nominated Adams to become Surgeon General of the United States. Adams was confirmed by the United States Senate on August 3, 2017.
- "Pence names Adams Indiana's health commissioner". https://www.ibj.com/articles/49881-pence-names-adams-indiana-s-health-commissioner.
- "Indiana Names OB-GYN To Fill Vacated Health Commissioner Seat". Wfyi.org. September 18, 2017. https://www.wfyi.org/news/articles/indiana-names-ob-gyn-to-fill-vacated-health-commissioner-seat.
- "Nominee Report | U.S. Office of Government Ethics". http://altgov2.org/wp-content/uploads/Adams-Jerome-M.-final278.pdf.
- "Jerome Adams nominated as new U.S. surgeon general". 2017-06-29. https://www.statnews.com/2017/06/29/jerome-adams-new-u-s-surgeon-general/.
- "President Trump nominates Indiana Health Commissioner Jerome Adams for U.S. Surgeon General". 2017-06-29. http://fox59.com/2017/06/29/trump-nominates-indiana-health-commissioner-jerome-adams-for-u-s-surgeon-general/.
- Scutti, Susan (August 4, 2017). Dr. Jerome Adams confirmed as surgeon general. CNN. http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/04/health/jerome-adams-surgeon-general-confirmation/index.html. Retrieved 4 August 2017.