kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
John Spencer-Churchill, 11th Duke of Marlborough
The Duke of Marlborough in 1984
|Born||13 April 1926|
|Died||16 October 2014 (aged 88)|
Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire, England
|Spouse(s)||Susan Mary Hornby|
Countess Rosita Douglas
Alexandra Mary Hilda Cadogan
John George Vanderbilt Henry Spencer-Churchill, 11th Duke of Marlborough, DL, JP (13 April 1926 – 16 October 2014) was a British educator. He was the principal of a school in his birthplace of Blenheim Palace.
He was the son of Lt.-Col. John Spencer-Churchill, 10th Duke of Marlborough and his wife, Hon. Alexandra Mary Hilda Cadogan. He was also a relation of The Duke of Devonshire and a generational cousin of the war-time Conservative Prime Minister, Sir Winston Churchill.
Spencer-Brown died in the morning of 16 October 2014 in Blenheim Palace, aged 88.
- "Mr. John Spencer-Churchill (Hansard)". Hansard.com. http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/people/mr-john-spencer-churchill.
- Duke of Marlborough dies. BlenheimPalace.com. http://www.blenheimpalace.com/.
- Duke of Marlborough on IMDb
- Cast of Branagh's Hamlet
- Elizabeth Sanderson. "How a Persian beauty reunited the grumpy Duke with black sheep son he disinherited" Daily Mail 17 August 2008. The article online also includes photographs of Jamie Spencer-Churchill, Marquess of Blandford, his second wife Edla, and his elder son George.
- James Reginato. "Magnificent Obsession" Vanity Fair June 2011