kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Joseph Louis Bruno (April 8, 1929 – October 6, 2020) was an American businessman and Republican politician. He was born in Glens Falls, New York. From 1977 to 2008, he was a member of the New York State Senate. Between March to June 2008, he was Acting Lieutenant Governor of New York.
In January 2009, Bruno was indicted on eight federal corruption charges, including mail and wire fraud. In December 2009, Bruno was convicted of two counts of mail and wire fraud. In May 2010, he was sentenced to two years in jail. In May 2014, he was acquitted of all crimes.
- Britt Godshalk, YNN, Bruno Facing Corruption Charges Archived 2012-02-22 at the Wayback Machine, January 24, 2009
- Confessore, Nicholas; Hakim, Danny (December 8, 2009). "Bruno, Former State Leader, Guilty of Corruption". The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/08/nyregion/08bruno.html. Retrieved May 7, 2010.
- Newspaper article, 2 Years for Bruno, by Brendan J. Lyons, Albany Times-Union, May 7, 2010
- Newspaper article, Former Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno convicted on 2 of 8 felony federal corruption counts, by Glenn Blain and Kenneth Lovett, New York Daily News, December 7, 2009
- Lovett, Ken (May 16, 2014). State Sen. Joseph Bruno walks in corruption trial. New York Daily News. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- Joseph L. Bruno, an iconic Capital Region senator, dies at 91
- R.I.P. – Former NY Senator Joseph Bruno Dies At 91 Of Prostate Cancer