kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
|World Bank Chief Economist|
|Preceded by||Michael Bruno|
|Succeeded by||Nicholas Stern|
|17th Chair of the Council of Economic Advisors|
June 28, 1995 – February 13, 1997
|Preceded by||Laura Tyson|
|Succeeded by||Janet Yellen|
Joseph Eugene Stiglitz
February 9, 1943
Jane Hannaway (1978–?; divorced)|
Anya Schiffrin (m. 2004)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
He won the Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences (2001) and the John Bates Clark Medal (1979). He is a former senior vice president and chief economist of the World Bank, and is a former member, and Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers.
He is known for his critical view of the management of globalization, free-market economists (whom he calls "free market fundamentalists"), and some international institutions like the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank.
- "Former Chief Economists". http://econ.worldbank.org. http://econ.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/EXTDEC/0,,contentMDK:20437078~menuPK:4319683~pagePK:64165401~piPK:64165026~theSitePK:469372,00.html.
- "Former Members of the Council". whitehouse.gov. http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/cea/about/Former-Members.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz (1943– ). Library of Economics and Liberty (2nd ed.). Liberty Fund. 2008. http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/bios/Stiglitz.html.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz at Columbia University
- Joseph Stiglitz committee chair profile at Committee on Global Thought at Columbia University
- Information and the Change in the Paradigm in Economics 2001 lecture at NobelPrize.org
- Profile and Papers at Research Papers in Economics/RePEc
- Publications at the National Bureau of Economic Research