kidzsearch.com > wiki
Kōhei (康平) was a Japanese era (年号, nengō, , lit. "year name") after Tengi and before Jiryaku. This period started in August 1058 and ended in August 1065. The reigning emperor was Go-Reizei-tennō (後冷泉天皇).
Events of the Kōhei Era
- 1060 (Kōhei 3, 27th day of the 11th month): A broom star was observed in the south for seven nights.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Kōhei" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 543.
- Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du japon, pp. 162-166; Brown, Delmer et al. (1979). Gukanshō, pp. 311-314; Varley, H. Paul. (1980). Jinnō Shōtōki. p. 197-198.
- Pankenier, David et al. (2008). Archaeoastronomy in East Asia: Historical Observational Records of Comets and Meteor Showers from China, Japan, and Korea, p. 123.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō: