kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Tengi (天喜) was a Japanese era (年号, nengō, , lit. "year name") after Eishō and before Kōhei. This period started in January 1053 and ended in August 1058. The reigning emperor was Go-Reizei-tennō (後冷泉天皇).
Events of the Tengi Era
- 1056 (Tengi 4, 7th-8th months): A star with the shape of a broom was observed in the east at daybreak.
- 1057 (Tengi 5, 9th month): Abe no Yoritoki was killed in battle by a stray arrow.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Tengi" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 958.
- Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du japon, pp. 162-166; Brown, Delmer et al. (1979). Gukanshō, pp. 311-314; ; Varley, H. Paul. (1980). Jinnō Shōtōki. p. 197-198.
- Pankenier, David et al. (2008). Archaeoastronomy in East Asia: Historical Observational Records of Comets and Meteor Showers from China, Japan, and Korea, p. 122.
- Ackroyd, Joyce. (1982). Lessons from History: the Tokushi Yoron, p. 120.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō: