kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Beckinsale at the 2011 San Diego Comic Con
Kathrin Romary Beckinsale
26 July 1973
|Spouse(s)||Len Wiseman (2004–2016)|
|Partner(s)||Michael Sheen (1995–2003)|
|Parent(s)||Richard Beckinsale, Judy Loe|
|Relatives||Samantha Beckinsale (half-sister)|
Roy Battersby (stepfather)
Kathrin Romary Beckinsale was born in Chiswick, London, England. She is the only child of actor Richard Beckinsale and actress Judy Loe. Her father was of one-quarter Burmese ancestry. She made her first television appearance at the age of four, in an episode of This is Your Life dedicated to her father. When she was five years old, her 31-year-old father died suddenly of a heart attack. Beckinsale was deeply traumatised by the loss and "started expecting bad things to happen". While she has seen her father "more on television than I have in life", "there are certainly enough memories for me not to feel that it's somebody I didn't know." Her widowed mother moved in with director Roy Battersby when Beckinsale was nine and she was brought up alongside his four sons and daughter. She has a close relationship with her stepfather: "I couldn't have knitted a better one ... He wasn't pushy, he let me come to him." She has a paternal half-sister, actress Samantha Beckinsale.
- "BFI | Film & TV Database | BECKINSALE, Kate". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. http://ftvdb.bfi.org.uk/sift/individual/325721. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- Births, Marriages & Deaths Index of England & Wales, 1916–2005.; at ancestry.com
- Janie Lawrence (5 April 1997). Facing up to the past. London. https://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/facing-up-to-the-past-1265195.html. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- "Beast in the beauty". Telegraph Magazine (The Age.com). 25 April 2004. http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/04/24/1082719677731.html. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- "This Is Your Life". IMDb. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0721913/. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "Kate talks about dad Richard Beckinsale (UK interview)". Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyq1JPOJ-2k. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "Celebrity Central: Kate Beckinsale". People. http://www.people.com/people/kate_beckinsale. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- Jane Wheatley (26 April 2007). "A weight off her mind: Kate Beckinsale". The Times (London). http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/celebrity/article1704594.ece. Retrieved 8 January 2014.