kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
| United States Senator|
from New York
|Assumed office |
January 26, 2009
Serving with Chuck Schumer
|Preceded by||Hillary Rodham Clinton|
| Member of the U.S. House of Representatives|
from New York's 20th district
January 3, 2007 – January 26, 2009
|Preceded by||John E. Sweeney|
|Succeeded by||Scott Murphy|
|Born|| Kirsten Elizabeth Rutnik|
December 9, 1966
Albany, New York, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Jonathan Gillibrand (m. 2001)|
|Children|| Theodore Gillibrand (b. 2003)|
Henry Gillibrand (b. 2008)
|Residence||Brunswick, New York|
|Alma mater|| Dartmouth College (B.A.)|
University of California, Los Angeles School of Law (J.D.)
|Website|| Senate Website|
Kirsten Elizabeth Rutnik Gillibrand (born December 9, 1966) is an American politician and the junior United States Senator from New York. She is a member of the Democratic Party and former member of the United States House of Representatives from New York's 20th congressional district.
Gillibrand was born on December 9, 1966 in Albany, New York. She studied at Dartmouth College and the University of California, Los Angeles. Gillibrand has been married to Jonathan Gillibrand since 2001. They have two children.
- Tumulty, Karen (January 23, 2009). "Kirsten Gillibrand". Time (Time Inc.). http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2009/01/23/kirstin-gillibrand. Retrieved January 27, 2011.
- United States Senator Kirsten Gillibrand official U.S. Senate site
- United States Senator Kirsten Gillibrand official YouTube channel
- Gillibrand for Senate official campaign site
- Gillibrand for Senate official YouTube channel
- Campaign contributions made by Kirsten Gillibrand