kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
List of Mario series characters
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
This is a list of characters in the Mario series.
- Mario is the main character of the series. He is an Italian-American superhero, and was originally referred to as Jumpman in Donkey Kong. In most of the Mario spin-offs, he is the most average character, and is a good choice for starters.
- Luigi is Mario's slightly taller brother, who wears green overalls. His abilities are usually the same as Mario's, but in some games Luigi can jump higher. Luigi is usually the sidekick, but was the hero in a few games such as Luigi's Mansion.
- Princess Peach: Princess Peach is the Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario often saves her from Bowser.
- Princess Daisy: Daisy is the Princess of Sarasaland. The first game that she was in was Super Mario Land.
- Yoshi: Yoshi is a dinosaur that Mario rides in some games. He appeared in his own game, Yoshi's Island.
- Toad: Toad is a mushroom-shaped creature who appears in many Mario series games. He is just one of many toads. These creatures first appeared in Super Mario Bros., where they were called Mushroom Retainers.
- Bowser: Bowser is the King of Koopas, a turtle-like monster species. He often kidnaps Princess Peach, and is defeated by Mario.
- Bowser Jr. An energetic troublemaker who is ready to follow his father's footsteps.
- Wario: Wario is an evil version of Mario, and is obsessed with money. He is short and fat, and wears yellow.
- Waluigi: Waluigi is Wario's sidekick, and an evil version of Luigi. He is tall and thin, like Luigi, and wears purple.
- Koopa Troopa: Koopa Troopas are turtle-like monsters that often work for Bowser, although in some games, they are friendly. They are playable characters in some Mario sports games, such as Mario Kart.
- Goomba: Goombas are mushroom-like monsters creatures that are the most common enemies in the series. They are easily killed by jumping on their head.
- Paratroopa: The flying version of Koopa Troopa.
- Paragoomba: The flying version of Goomba.
- Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong is a giant ape. He first fought Mario/Jumpman in the Donkey Kong video games, before getting some games of his own as a hero. He appears in many Mario spinoffs, including Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros.
- Diddy Kong: Donkey Kong's smaller sidekick, who appears in a couple Mario spin-offs.
- R. O. B.: A robot, originally a part of the Nintendo game console. He appears in Mario Kart DS and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.