kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Louis VI of France
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Louis VI the Fat|
|King of the Franks (more...)|
|Reign||29 July 1108 – 1 August 1137|
|Coronation||3 August 1108, Cathedral Ste Croix, Orléans|
|Born||1 December 1081|
|Died||1 August 1137(aged 55)|
|Place of death||Béthisy-Saint-Pierre, France|
|Buried||Saint Denis Basilica, Paris, France|
Lucienne de Rochefort |
Adélaide de Maurienne (1092–1154)
Philip, Rex Filius (1116–1131) |
Louis VII (1120–1180)
Henry, Archbishop of Reims (1121–1165)
Robert, Count of Dreux (c.1123–1188)
Constance, Countess of Toulouse (c.1124–1176)
Philip, Archdeacon of Paris (1125–1161)
Peter, Lord of Courtenay (d. Bet. 1179-1183) (c.1125–1183)
|Royal House||House of Capet|
|Father||Philip I (23 May 1052 – 29 July 1108)|
|Mother||Bertha of Holland (c.1055-1094)|
Marriages and children
He married in 1104: 1) Lucienne de Rochefort — the marriage was cancelled.
- Their child:
- 1) Isabelle (c.1105 – before 1175), married (ca 1119) William of Vermandois, seigneur of Chaumont
- Their children:
- Philip (1116 – October 13, 1131), King of France (1129–31), not to be confused with his brother of the same name; died from a fall from a horse.
- Louis VII (1120 – November 18, 1180), King of France
- Henry (1121–75), archbishop of Reims
- Hugues (born ca 1122)
- Robert (ca 1123 – October 11, 1188), count of Dreux
- Constance (ca 1124 – August 16, 1176), married first Eustace IV, count of Boulogne and then Raymond V of Toulouse.
- Philip (1125–61), bishop of Paris. not to be confused with his elder brother.
- Peter of France (ca 1125–83), married Elizabeth, lady of Courtenay