kidzsearch.com > wiki
|Paradigm(s)||Multi-paradigm: scripting, imperative (procedural, prototype-based, object-oriented), functional|
|Designed by||Roberto Ierusalimschy|
Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
|Stable release||5.3.4 / January 30, 2017|
|Typing discipline||dynamic, strong, duck|
|Major implementations||Lua, LuaJIT, LLVM-Lua, Lua Alchemy Luvit|
|Dialects||Metalua, Idle, GSL Shell Luau|
|Influenced by||C++, CLU, Modula, Scheme, SNOBOL|
|Influenced||Io, GameMonkey, Squirrel, Falcon, MiniD|
An example Hello World program in Lua:
-- !/usr/bin/lua print("Hello World!")
An example of setting a value, then printing it:
--!/usr/bin/lua a = "Hello World!" print(a)
- "Lua: About". Lua.org. http://www.lua.org/about.html. Retrieved 28 February 2011.
- Ierusalimschy, R.; Figueiredo, L. H.; Celes, W. (2007). "The evolution of Lua". Proc. of ACM HOPL III. pp. 2–1–2–26. . . http://www.lua.org/doc/hopl.pdf.
- "Lua: version history". Lua.org. http://www.lua.org/versions.html. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "Lua: license". Lua.org. http://www.lua.org/license.html. Retrieved 6 April 2011.
- "Lua Uses". lua-users wiki. http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaUses. Retrieved 16 February 2011.
- "Luau" (in en). https://roblox.github.io/luau/.
- "Apple relaxes iOS SDK terms to allow Lua but block Flash". Appleinsider.com. 11 June 2010. http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/06/11/apple_relaxes_ios_sdk_to_allow_lua_but_block_flash.html. Retrieved 11 June 2011.
- "TIOBE Programming Community Index for June 2011". TIOBE Software. June 2011. http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html. Retrieved 11 June 2011.