kidzsearch.com > wiki
|Died||March 29, 2012 (aged 80)|
Portland, Oregon, U.S.
|Cause of death||Lung cancer|
|Years active||1967 – 2006|
Luke Askew (March 26, 1932 – March 29, 2012) was an American movie and television actor best known for his role in the 1969 film Easy Rider. He had a rare lead role in the spaghetti Western Night of the Serpent (La notte dei serpenti – 1969). Askew began his career in the 1967 Otto Preminger movie Hurry Sundown and his career would last until his retirement in 2005. Askew was born in Macon, Georgia. Askew died on March 29, 2012 from lung cancer in his home in Portland, Oregon, he was 80 years old. Askew was never married.
- Hurry Sundown (1967)
- The Happening (1967)
- Cool Hand Luke (1967)
- Will Penny (1968)
- The Green Berets (1968)
- The Devil's Brigade (1968)
- Easy Rider (1969)
- The Magnificent Seven Ride (1972)
- The Culpepper Cattle Company (1972)
- The Great Northfield Minnesota Raid (1972)
- Walking Tall Part 2 (1975)
- Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid (1973)
- Slipstream (1973)
- Posse (1975)
- Rolling Thunder (1977)
- Wanda Nevada (1979)
- The Warrior and the Sorceress (1984)
- Bialy smok (1987)
- Frank & Jesse (1994)
- The Newton Boys (1998)
- Frailty (2001)
- Easy Riders, Raging Bulls: How the Sex, Drugs and Rock 'N' Roll Generation Saved Hollywood (2003) (documentary)
- The Greatest Game Ever Played (2005)
- Big Love ... Hollis Green
- Obituary. Obits.oregonlive.com. Retrieved on 2012-08-12.
- Bailey, Jr., Everton (April 13, 2012). Lake Oswego actor Luke Askew, featured in HBO's 'Big Love', 'Easy Rider' and others, dead at 80. http://www.oregonlive.com/lake-oswego/index.ssf/2012/04/lake_oswego_actor_luke_askew_f.html. Retrieved April 14, 2012.