kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
| MacDonnell Regional Council|
|Area:||268784.20 km² (103,778.2 sq mi)|
|Council Seat:||Alice Springs (not part of council)|
|Region:||Alice Springs Region|
|State District:||Namatjira, Stuart|
The MacDonnell Shire is a local government area of the Northern Territory, Australia. It was created on 1 July 2008 as part of the restructuring of the Territory's local government areas. It was created by merging over a dozen smaller community council areas and a large zone of unincorporated area. The most recent elections for the shire council were in March 2012. The current President of the MacDonnell Shire is Sid Anderson.
The shire has an area of over 268,784 square kilometres. It covers the south of the Territory, bordering with South Australia. Alice Springs and Yulara are enclaves within the shire (they are not part of it, but are surrounded by it).
There were about 7,142 people living there in 2009.
Wards and towns
The MacDonnell Shire Council is divided into four wards. There are 12 council members. Below each ward is listed the towns that fall within those wards. Population figures are as they were recorded on 30 June 2007.
- Rodinga (4 councillors)
- Ljirapinta (3 councillors)
- Luritja Pintubi (3 councillors)
- Iyarrka (2 councillors)
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "MacDonnell (R)". 2016 Census QuickStats. http://www.censusdata.abs.gov.au/census_services/getproduct/census/2016/quickstat/LGA72330. Retrieved 9 December 2017. Lua error in Module:EditAtWikidata at line 36: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (30 March 2010). "Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2008–09". http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Latestproducts/3218.0Main%20Features102008-09?opendocument&tabname=Summary&prodno=3218.0&issue=2008-09&num=&view=. Retrieved 4 June 2010.
- "Our Shire". Macdonnell Shire Council. http://www.macdonnell.nt.gov.au/Portals/1/Information%20Sheets/mcd_info_sheet_our_shire.pdf. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- "MacDonnell Shire". Bushtel. Northern Territory Government. http://www.bushtel.nt.gov.au/northern_territory/region3/shire_id13/macdonnell_shire?ward_num=35. Retrieved 23 October 2012.