kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
February 8, 1921
|Died||February 25, 2020 (aged 99)|
|Alma mater||Queen Mother Pedagogical Institute|
University of Tirana
|Political party||Party of Labour of Albania Communist Party of Albania (1991)|
After her husband died in 1985, Nexhmije Hoxha was elected Chairwoman of the Democratic Front. She was forced to resign as chairwoman of the Democratic Front in December 1990, and was replaced by Prime Minister Adil Çarçani. She was arrested and sentenced to prison for misuse of Albanian government funds during her husband's regime, but later released.
- Profile of Nexhmije Hoxha
- Kotini, Albert. 90-vjetori i institutit femëror "Nëna Mbretëreshë". http://www.gazetametropol.com/90-vjetori-i-institutit-femeror-nena-mbretereshe/.
- The Associated Press (January 11, 1997). "Widow of dictator leaves prison In Albania, Nexhmije Hoxha serves five years for corruption". The Kansas City Star. http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=KC&p_theme=kc&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0EAF4400E276922E&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM. Retrieved 22 May 2012.
- My Father, Enver Hoxha by Nexhmije's son Ilir
- Ndahet nga jeta në moshën 99-vjeçare Nexhmije Hoxha (in Albanian)