kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
Nicholas is a male first name. The name is derived from the Greek name “Nikólaos” and is developed out nikáo “triumphs” and laós “people”. After the Greek word use the name can mean both “winner of the people” and “winner over the people”.
People named Nicholas
Saints with the name
- Nicholas of Myra, bishop of Myra, in the 4th century. Commonly known as Saint Nicholas. Santa Claus is modelled on him.
- Nicholas of Flüe
- Nicholas of Japan
Popes and Antipopes
- Pope Nicholas I
- Pope Nicholas II
- Pope Nicholas III
- Pope Nicholas IV
- Pope Nicholas V
- Antipope Nicholas V
- Patriarch Nicholas I of Constantinople
- Patriarch Nicholas II of Constantinople
- Patriarch Nicholas III of Constantinople
- Patriarch Nicholas IV of Constantinople