kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
- There is also a town Velikiy Novgorod with Novgorod in its name
Nizhny Novgorod (Russian:Ни́жний Но́вгород, often shortened to Nizhny) is the fourth largest city in Russia. The first three are Moscow, St. Petersburg, and Novosibirsk. Nizhny Novgorod had a population of 1,311,252 in 2002, and one of 1,438,133 in 1989. It is the economic and cultural center of the vast Volga-Vyatka economic region, and also the administrative center of Nizhny Novgorod Oblast and Volga Federal District.
From 1932 to 1990 the city was known as Gorky (Russian: Го́рький} after the writer Maxim Gorky.
- Nizhny Novgorod City Government website (English)
- Official website of Nizhny Novgorod State Art Museum (Russian)
- Art Museum of Nizhny Novgorod (English)
- http://www.nne.ru The Nizhny Novgorod and Arzamas Archdiocese (Russian)
- VisitNizhny.com Information about tourism and entertainment in Nizhny Novgorod (English)
- Nizhny Novgorod Online (Russian)