kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Pantheism is the belief that God and the universe are equivalent (the same thing). A pantheist believes that everything that exists is a part of God or that God is a part of everything that exists. The name pantheism comes from the Greek words theism (belief in God) and pan (all).
Any doctrine or philosophy that believes that the universe and everything in it is God is said to be pantheistic. Most pantheists believe the universe is sacred and the earth and nature are divine. Most of the early Greek philosophers from Thales on to the Stoics believed in some sort of pantheism.
Some western philosophers such as Baruch Spinoza and some scientists are pantheists.
- Hindu Wisdom
- Pantheist Prophet: Henry David Thoreau by Harold W. Wood, Jr
- Scientific Pantheism site
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy entry
- The Holographic Paradigm
- Universal Pantheist Society home page
- World Pantheist Movement home page