kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Peter M. Gruber
Peter Manfred Gruber (28 August 1941 – 7 March 2017) was an Austrian mathematician. He worked in geometric number theory as well as in convex and discrete geometry. He was born in Klagenfurt, Austria.
From 1971, he was Professor at the University of Linz, and from 1976, at the TU Wien. He is a member of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, a foreign member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, and a corresponding member of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities.
Gruber died on 7 March 2017 in Vienna, Austria, aged 75.
- Gruber, P.M. (2007). Convex and Discrete Geometry. Berlin: Springer-Verlag.
- Gruber, P.M.; Lekkerkerker, C.G. (1987). Geometry of Numbers. Amsterdam: North-Holland.
- Zong, Chuanming. "Geometry of Numbers in Vienna". The mathematical intelligencer 31 (3): 25–31. .
- 2014 Class of the Fellows of the AMS, American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2013-11-04.
- "Peter M. Gruber – ein Nachruf". tuwien.ac.at. https://www.tuwien.ac.at/aktuelles/news_detail/article/124820/. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- "Peter M. Gruber". Austrian Academy of Sciences. http://www.oeaw.ac.at/oeaw_servlet/e_PersonenDetailsGeneric?id=10882.
- "Gruber, Peter Manfred". Russian Academy of Sciences. http://www.ras.ru/win/db/show_per.asp?P=.id-53786.ln-en.
- "Korrespondierende Mitglieder" (in German). Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities. http://www.badw.de/mitglieder/k_mit/index.html#g.