kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Genre||Children's stop motion comedy|
|Created by||Otmar Gutmann|
|Written by||Silvio Mazzola|
|Starring||Carlo Bonomi (series 1-4)|
Marcello Magni and
David Sant (series 5-6)
|Country of origin||Switzerland|
|No. of episodes||Original series: 105|
Revived series: 52
157 (total) (list of episodes)
|Running time||Approximately three minutes|
|Distributor||SF DRS (1990-1998), BBC Two (2003 - 2007)|
|Original release||7 March 1990 –|
3 March 2006
The cast of Pingu includes the family and friends of Pingu.
- Pingu is the main character of the cartoon. He is a cheerful and bright emperor penguin. When he makes loud noises, his beak looks like a trumpet.
- Pinga is the younger sister of Pingu. She is a little tomboyish.
- Robby is seal and a friend of Pingu. He is very clever and an artist.
- Pingi is Pingu's girlfriend.
- Pingo, Pingg, Pongi and Punki are friends of Pingu.
- Papa and Maman are Pingu's parents.
Personality of Pingu
- He does not like green vegetables. They upset him.
- His birthday is 22nd August.
- Pingu's favorite toy is a bear doll, and Pinga's one is a rabbit doll.
- He likes music.
- ""Pingu sold for £16m"". http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/1626014.stm. Retrieved 2012-12-4.
- Thorne, Tony. "Pingu's Lingo, or How to Get By in Penguinese". https://web.archive.org/web/20101207023135/http://www.kcl.ac.uk/content/1/c6/03/08/18/Pingu%27s%20Lingo%2C%20or%20How%20to%20Get%20By%20in%20Penguinese.doc. Retrieved 2008-08-18.
- Ofiicial Japanese Pingu Website;
- "Otmar Gutmnn" at IMDb; retrieved 2012-12-4.
- Pingu official website
- Pingu at Toonopedia
- Pingu at the Big Cartoon DataBase
- Pingu at the Open Directory Project