A pipette is a glass tube used for moving a specific volume of a solution.
Types of pipette:
1. Adjustable pipettes, from left: 20-200μl, 2-20μl, 100-1000μl
2. Graded transfer pipette and electric pipette filler
3. 25, 10, 5 and 2ml transfer pipettes
4. Disposable tips for adjustable pipettes
5. 12 channel adjustable pipette for microplates
6. Low retention 0.5-10μl adjustable pipette
7. Squeezable transfer pipettes
8. Digital adjustable pipette
9. Light guided pipetting system
A smaller, less accurate version, known as a teat pipette is made of plastic and is filled by squeezing a plastic bubble at the top.
A pipette used for the delivery of small fractions of a milliliter of a liquid is called a micropipette.
Piston-driven air displacement pipettes, or 'micropipettes', are the most accurate and precise pipettes. They handle liquid in the microliter scale, and are used in biology and biochemistry,
Help Improve This Page: Please contact us to become an approved KidzSearch editor and provide your credentials. Provide feedback on this article in our Pipette Forum