kidzsearch.com > wiki
Pope Benedict V
|Papacy began||May 14 964|
|Papacy ended||June 23 964|
|Predecessor||Pope John XII|
|Successor||Pope Leo VIII|
|Died||July 4, 965|
|Other Popes named Benedict|
Pope Benedict V (Latin: Benedictus QuintusScript error: No such module "Category handler".; -died July 4, 965), was an Italian deacon of the Roman Catholic Church and the 133rd Pope for a five weeks in 964.
Benedict was known as Grammaticus because of his learning.
After his death
Benedict was buried in the cathedral in Hamburg. Later, his remains were transferred to Rome.
Although his status was questioned during his lifetime, Benedict V is considered to part of the traditional list of popes.
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2011-11-02.
- "Pope Benedict V," Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-11-3.
- "Benedict V", Encyclopedia Britannica (1910), Vol. 3, p. 718.
- "Benedict V", Encyclopedia Americana (1918), p. 504.
- Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. (1835). "Benedict V," Penny cyclopaedia, Vol. 4, p. 214; excerpt, "By several writers he is considered only as an intruder, but in the late Papal chronologies published in Italy we find him placed among the regular popes."
- Catholic Hierarchy, Pope in sequence
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, Cardinal Benedetto Archived 2011-05-01 at the Wayback Machine
| Succeeded by|