kidzsearch.com > wiki
Pope Celestine IV
|Papacy began||25 October 1241|
|Papacy ended||10 November 1241|
|Predecessor||Pope Gregory IX|
|Successor||Pope Innocent IV|
|Birth name||Goffredo Castiglione|
|Died||November 10, 1241|
|Other Popes named Celestine|
Pope Celestine IV (Latin: Coelestinus QuartusScript error: No such module "Category handler".; died 10 November 1241 in Rome), born Goffredo Castiglione, was an Italian cleric of the Roman Catholic Church and the 180th Pope for two weeks from October 25, 1241 to November 10, 1241.
Castiglione became a Cistercian monk.
After his death
He died on November 10, 1241; and he was buried in St Peter's. The exact location of his tomb has been lost.
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2011-11-02.
- Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. (1836). "Celestine IV," Penny cyclopaedia, Vol. 6, p. 400.
- Beckett, William. (1836). "Celestine IV," A Universal Biography, Vol. 1, p. 720.
- "Pope Celestine IV," Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-11-3.
- "Pope Celestine IV". Catholic Encyclopedia. (1913). New York: Robert Appleton Company.
- Catholic Hierarchy, Pope in sequence
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, Cardinal Castiglione
| Succeeded by|