kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Pope Innocent V
|Papacy began||January 21, 1276|
|Papacy ended||June 22, 1276|
|Predecessor||Pope Gregory X|
|Successor||Pope Adrian V|
|Birth name||Pierre de Tarentaise|
c. 1225 |
June 22, 1276 |
Pope Innocent V (Latin: Innocentius Quintus; c. 1225 – June 22, 1276), born Pierre de Tarentaise, was an French cleric of the Roman Catholic Church and the 186th Pope from January 21 to June 22, 1276. He was the first Dominican to be elected pope.
Cardinal Tarentaise was elected on January 21, 1276. He chose the name Innocent V.
He was pope for only a five months.
After his death
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2013-3-18.
- "Pope Bl. Innocent V", Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2013-3-18.
- "Innocent V," Encyclopedia Britannica (1910), Vol. 14, pp. 581.
- Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. (1838). "Innocent V," Penny cyclopaedia, Vol. 12, p. 480.
- Delaney, John J. (2005). ""Innocent V," Dictionary of Saints, pp. 314-315.
- Catholic Hierarchy, Popes in sequence
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, Cardinal Tarentaise
- Find-a-Grave, Pope Innocent V