kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Pope Julius II
|Papacy began||November 1, 1503|
|Papacy ended||February 21, 1513|
|Birth name||Giuliano della Rovere|
|Born||December 5, 1443 |
|Died||February 21, 1513 |
|Other Popes named Julius|
Pope Julius II (Latin: Iulius Secundus; December 5, 1443 - February 21, 1513), originally Giuliano Della Rovere, was an Italian priest of the Roman Catholic Church and the 217th Pope from 1503 until his death in 1513. He was known as "the Warrior Pope."
Giuliano della Rovere was the son of Rafaello della Rovere.
Della Rovere was elected pope in 1503; and he chose to be called Julius II.
Pope Julius was involved in Italian and European political disputes.
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2011-11-9.
- Schaff, Philip et al. (1910). "Julius II," History of the Christian Church, Volume 5, Part 2, p. 466.
- Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. (1839). "Julius II," Penny cyclopaedia, Vol. 13, p. 146.
- "Pope Julius II," Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-11-9.
- "The Vatican," Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-11-9.
- Shaw, Christine. (1993). Julius II: the Warrior Pope. Oxford: Blackwell. ; OCLC 417355755
- "Pope Julius II". Catholic Encyclopedia. (1913). New York: Robert Appleton Company.
- Catholic Hierarchy, Julius II
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, Cardinal della Rovere