kidzsearch.com > wikiPreservation Explore:web images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
Preservation may mean:
- The common meaning is: keeping and maintaining to make sure that the object is protected against decay and will be (nearly) the same in future.
Special meanings are:
- Art conservation and restoration, the retention of antiquities for museums or exhibition, also called "Art preservation"
- Case preservation, in computer storage
- Environmental preservation, the active maintenance and advocacy of the protection of the natural environment
- Digital preservation, the management of digital information over time
- Film preservation, rescuing aging film stock and preserving recorded images
- Food preservation
- Historic preservation, the theory and practice of creatively maintaining the historic built environment
- Self preservation, part of an animal's fundamental instinct which demands that the organism survive