kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Prix Benois de la Danse
The Benois de la Danse is one of the most prestigious ballet competitions. It was started by the International Dance Association in Moscow in 1991. It takes place each year on or around April 29 and is jury-based in its judging. The members of this jury change every year and have only top ballet personages.
Statuettes are given to the winners in the categories of lifelong achievement, ballerina, danseur, choreographer, composer and designer.
The idea for the Benois de la Danse was started in Moscow. The founders got support of UNESCO in the autumn of 1992. Its scheduling at the end of April is to match with the birthday of the great Alexandre Benois (1870–1960).
Goals of competition
- To give the Benois audience the best performances of the works that have been entered, regardless of whom they were made by.
- To bring the best representatives of different dance styles and schools together.
- To support veterans of ballet financially, with funds from the gala concerts
Members of the Benois de la Danse jury have included
Laureates of the prize
- repeat prize winner
- single recipient for Spain among the six spanish laureates
- to be verified since he was ballet master of the Bolshoi ballet from 2004 to 2009