kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Real Irish Republican Army
The Real Irish Republican Army (or Real IRA) is a group from Ireland who want Northern Ireland to become part of the Republic of Ireland, and want it to leave the United Kingdom. The group started after they left the Provisional Irish Republican Army, after an argument. On 15 August 1998 they did the Omagh bombing, which killed 29 people and hurt over 300 people. They have shot police officers and have also bombed places in England, such as London and Birmingham. It is against the law to be a member of the Real IRA.
- "IRA Splinter Groups (U.K., separatists)". Council on Foreign Relations. November 2005. http://www.cfr.org/publication/9239/. Retrieved 2008-04-26.
- "Man cleared over Omagh bombing". CNN. 2007-12-20. http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/12/20/omagh.trial/index.html. Retrieved 2008-04-26.
- "Real IRA admits police shooting". BBC News. 2007-11-12. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7090950.stm. Retrieved 2008-04-26.
- "Real IRA admits shooting officer". BBC News. 2007-11-14. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7095156.stm. Retrieved 2008-04-26.
- "Two admit Real IRA bomb plot". BBC News. 2003-01-22. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2682639.stm. Retrieved 2008-04-26.
- "Membership of Real IRA was a terrorism offence". The Independent. 2005-05-25. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20050525/ai_n14641324. Retrieved 2008-04-26.