kidzsearch.com > wiki
Robert J. Shiller
|Robert J. Shiller|
Shiller at a meeting with President Tsai Ing-wen in July 2017
|Born||Robert James Shiller|
March 29, 1946
Detroit, Michigan, U.S.
|Alma mater||Michigan (B.A. 1967)|
MIT (Ph.D. 1972)
|Doctoral advisor||Franco Modigliani|
|Doctoral students||John Y. Campbell|
|Influences||John Maynard Keynes|
|Notable awards||Deutsche Bank Prize (2009) Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics (2013)|
Shiller was born in Detroit, Michigan. He studied at Kalamazoo College and the University of Michigan where he received his B.A. degree in 1967. He received the S.M. degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 1968, and his Ph.D. from MIT in 1972.
Shiller has been a researcher of the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) since 1980, was vice president of the American Economic Association in 2005, and president of the Eastern Economic Association for 2006–2007.
- Grove, Lloyd. "World According to ... Robert Shiller". Portfolio.com. http://www.portfolio.com/views/columns/the-world-according-to/2008/05/02/Interview-With-Robert-Shiller.
- Blaug, Mark; Vane, Howard R. (2003). Who's who in economics (4 ed.). Edward Elgar Publishing. .
- Campbell, John Y. (2004), "An Interview with Robert J. Shiller", Macroeconomic Dynamics (Cambridge University Press) 8 (5): 649–683, http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?aid=259501, retrieved 2009-03-22
- "The Closing: Robert Shiller". The Real Deal. November 1, 2007. http://therealdeal.com/issues_articles/the-closing-robert-shiller/.
- "ICF Fellows". About. Yale University School of Management. http://icf.som.yale.edu/icf-fellows.
- Van Sweden, James (October 22, 2013). "Alumnus Wins Nobel Prize". Kalamazoo College. http://www.kzoo.edu/news/alumnus-wins-nobel-prize/.
- "Past Presidents". Eastern Economic Association. http://www.easterneconomicassociation.org/.
- The Prize in Economic Sciences 2013 Archived 2018-06-22 at the Wayback Machine, nobelprize.org, retrieved 14 October 2013
- 3 US Economists Win Nobel for Work on Asset Prices, ABC News, October 14, 2013, http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/americans-win-economics-nobel-20561624
- Article on Robert J. Shiller (German language) Archived 2013-10-19 at the Wayback Machine
- Robert Shiller's interview on the housing crisis with The Politic
- Video conversation on the economy with Shiller and Robert Wright on Bloggingheads.tv.
- "Finance and the Good Society – Irreconcilable or Inseparable?" Archived 2013-10-16 at the Wayback Machine Presentation by Robert J. Shiller for the CFO Insight Magazine, August 2012
- Link to podcast lecture at London School of Economics on Sub Prime Crisis
- RSA Vision webcasts – Robert Shiller in conversation with Daniel Finkelstein on "How Human Psychology Drives the Economy" Archived 2009-06-12 at the Wayback Machine