kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
The Rump Parliament was the name given to Parliament until 1660 of the English Parliament that followed the Long Parliament, after Pride's Purge of December 6 1648 had removed those Members of Parliament that were against the plan to try King Charles I for high treason.
- British Civil Wars: Rump Parliament
- Full text of the Act erecting a High Court of Justice for the Trial of Charles I January 6, 1649
- Full text of the Sentence of the High Court of Justice upon the King, 27 January, 1649
- Full text of The Death Warrant of Charles I, 29 January, 1649
- Full text of the Act appointing a Council of State, 13 February, 1649
- Full text of the Act abolishing the Office of King, 17 March, 1649
- Full text of the Act abolishing the House of Lords, 19 March, 1649
- Full text of the Act declaring England to be a Commonwealth, 19 May, 1649
- Full text of the Act declaring what Offences shall he adjudged Treason under the Commonwealth, 17 July, 1649
- Chambers' Book of Days:April 20th With a censored version of Cromwell's 1653 speech ending the Parliament.
- http://castorblog.com/archives/000275.html with an uncensored version of Cromwell's speech.
- Full text of the Declaration by Oliver Cromwell and the Council of Officers after putting an End to the Long Parliament, 22 April, 1653