kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Samuel Insull in 1920.
|Born||November 11, 1859|
London, England, United Kingdom
|Died||July 16, 1938 (aged 78)|
Samuel Insull (November 11, 1859 – July 16, 1938) was a British-born American business magnate whose vast Midwest holding company empire collapsed in the 1930s. He was an innovator and investor based in Chicago. Insull was known for buying utilities and railroads using holding companies.
- Jeff Schultz, Chesterton Tribune, Historical Society finds Samuel Insull Not Guilty of Securities Fraud, May 22, 2012
- Portsmouth Times, Samuel Insull Goes on Trial in Frauds Case, October 2, 1934
- New York Times, Insull Acquitted on Embezzlement Charge; Verdict Expected to End All State Cases, March 12, 1935
- TIME magazine cover photo of Samuel Insull, November 29, 1926
- TIME magazine cover photo of Samuel Insull, November 4, 1929
- TIME magazine cover photo of Samuel Insull, May 14, 1934
- PBS: Photo of Samuel Insull with Thomas Edison
- Encyclopædia Britannica Concise: Photo of Samuel Insull