kidzsearch.com > wiki
Sialkot is also called the "City of Iqbal". This is because Allama Iqbal was born here.
The city has a strong economy. They are responsible for 10% of all Pakistani exports. They are the world's largest maker of hand-sewed footballs. The 2014 FIFA World Cup's footballs were made by Forward Sports, a company based in Sialkot.
It is home to the Sialkot International Airport, Pakistan's first privately owned public airport.
Notable people from Sialkot
- Allama Iqbal, the "Spiritual father of Pakistan"
- Khawaja Muhammad Asif, Minister for Defense, Water & Power
- Shoaib Malik, former captain of Pakistan national cricket team
- Main Naeem Javed, Politician, Sportsman
- Pakistan’s business climate If you want it done right. 27 October 2016. https://www.economist.com/news/asia/21709344-how-small-pakistani-city-became-world-class-manufacturing-hub-if-you-want-it-done-right. Retrieved 12 June 2017.
- Wake, Damon (June 4, 2014). "The Pakistani women behind the official FIFA World Cup balls make $182 per year each". Sidney Morning Herald. http://www.smh.com.au/fifa-world-cup-2014/world-cup-news-2014/the-pakistani-women-behind-the-official-fifa-world-cup-balls-make-182-per-year-each-20140604-zrwt2.html. Retrieved 13 June 2017.