kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Spiritual séance or, simply, Séance is a meeting at which a group of people often including a medium attempts to contact a ghost and communicate with it.  Participants of such meeting need not be seated while engaged in a séance.
One of the earliest books on the subject is Communitation With the Other Side by George, First Baron Lyttelton, published in England in 1760.
Some notable people who attended séances and believed in all that include the United States President Abraham Lincoln, and his wife Mary Todd Lincoln; the social reformer Robert Owen; the journalist and pacifist William Thomas Stead, and more.
Scientists who have conducted a search for real séances and believed that contact with the dead is a reality include the evolutionary biologist Alfred Russel Wallace, the inventor of telephone Alexander Graham Bell, and the inventor of television technology John Logie Baird, who claimed to have contacted the spirit of the inventor Thomas Edison, and more.
- A Séance Procedure (courtesy of the Other World Society)
- Ghostsandstories.com Ghost stories and haunted places.
- Your Ghost Stories People sharing their ghost experiences.
- "Spirituality is a way of gaining perspective". Asrare.net. https://asrare.net/. Retrieved 18 August 2009.
- Lyttleton, George (First Baron) and Montegue, Mrs. Eizabeth, Dialogues with the Dead, W. Sandby, London, 1760.
- "''Stead on Spiritualism'' at The William T. Stead Resource Site". Attackingthedevil.co.uk. http://www.attackingthedevil.co.uk/spiritualism/index.php. Retrieved 22 July 2009.
- "''The Scientific Aspect of the Supernatural'', Alfred Russel Wallace, 1866". Wku.edu. http://www.wku.edu/~smithch/wallace/S118A.htm. Retrieved 22 July 2009.