kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
The spirochaetes are divided into three families (Brachyspiraceae, Leptospiraceae, and Spirochaetaceae). They are all put in a single order, the Spirochaetales. Disease-causing members of this phylum include:
- Leptospira species, some of which which cause leptospirosis
- Borrelia species, some of which cause Lyme disease
- Treponema pallidum subspecies which cause syphilis and yaws.
- Brachyspira species, which cause intestinal spirochaetosis.
- McBride A. (2005). "Leptospirosis". Current Opinion in Infectious Diseases 18 (5): 376–86. . .
- Schwan T (1996). "Ticks and Borrelia: model systems for investigating pathogen-arthropod interactions". Infect Agents Dis 5 (3): 167–81. .
- Amat Villegas I. (2004). "Colonic spirochetes: an infrequent cause of adult diarrhea" (in Spanish). Gastroenterol Hepatol 27 (1): 21–3. .
- Introduction to the Spirochetes. UCMP.