kidzsearch.com > wiki
Steffi Martin (later Steffi Walter, 17 September 1962 – 21 June 2017) was an East German luger. He competed during the 1980s. She won gold medals in the women's singles event, first at Sarajevo in 1984 under her maiden name Martin, then became the first woman to repeat as Olympic champion at Calgary in 1988 under her married name Walter.
Martin was born in Schlema, Saxony. She also won two gold medals in the women's singles event at the FIL World Luge Championships (1983, 1985). She also won two silver medals in the women's singles event at the FIL European Luge Championships (1982, 1986).
- Trauer um Olympiasiegerin (in German)
- Steffi Walter at the International Olympic Committee
- Steffi Walter at the Olympic Channel
- Lua error in Module:Sports_reference at line 41: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- Steffi Walter-Martin at Olympedia
- Great Olympians
- Fuzilogik Sports - Winter Olympic results - Women's luge
- Hickoksports.com results on Olympic champions in luge and skelton.
- Hickok sports information on World champions in luge and skeleton.
- List of European luge champions (in German)
- List of women's singles luge World Cup champions since 1978.
- SportQuick.com information on World champions in luge Archived 2007-09-27 at the Wayback Machine (in French)