Stollberg Rural District is a district in the Free State of Saxony, Germany. Chemnitzer Land.
It was first created in 1910. In 1950 the district was dissolved. In 1952 it was set up again. In the big reform of 1994 the Stollberg Rural District got bigger, because some smaller towns and villages from the city of Zwönitz and districts of Chemnitz and Aue, were transferred to Stollberg.
Stollberg Rural District is on the northwestern slope of the Erzgebirge Mountains.
Since 1990 the district has a partnership with the district Fürth in Bavaria.
Coat of arms
||The left half of the coat of arms show the symbol of the Counts of Schönberg - the county of Schönberg covered most of the area of the district. To the right is the imperial eagle symbolizing the Pleissenland, an imperial estate. The colours of the right side are also identical with those of Meißen, as another part of the district historically belonged to the County of Meissen.
Towns and municipalities