kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Style (form of address)
A style is referring to how you address[a] a person in a formal manner. It varies on the status of a person. For example a married woman would be addressed as Mrs ( Audio (US (info • help)). A prince would be addressed as His Royal Highness. A male (regardless of being married) would be addressed as Mr.
- Mrs Smith.
- Mr Smith
- Master Smith (Master is usually used by the oldest son in this case the oldest son of the Smith family).
- His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales.
- His Serene Highness The Prince of Monaco.
- Her Imperial Highness Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna of Russia.
Other styles of address
- Your Lordship or your Ladyship is how minor members of nobility are addressed.
- The Right Honourable is traditionally used by Prime Ministers.
- His Grace The Duke of Devonshire. A style used by English/British Dukes.
- Address meaning how someone would speak to or refer to another person.
- Maria Sifianou, Politeness Phenomena in England and Greece: A Cross-Cultural Perspective (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1999), p. 65
- Ambassador Mary Mel French, United States Protocol: The Guide to Official Diplomatic Etiquette (Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc., 2010), p. 117