kidzsearch.com > wiki
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
A targum (Hebrew: תרגום, plural: targumim) is an Aramaic translation of the Hebrew Bible (Tanakh) that was written or compiled in Palestine or in Babylonia from the Second Temple period until the early Middle Ages (late first millennium).
- Targum Pseudo-Jonathan and Targum Onkelos at the Newsletter for Targumic and Cognate Studies - English translations by J.W. Etheridge
- The Aramaic Targum to Psalms - a translation of the targum to Psalms by Edward M. Cook
- The Aramaic Targum to the Song of Songs - a translation of the targum to Shir HaShirim by Jay C. Treat
- The Aramaic Targum to Ruth - a translation of the targum to Ruth by Samson H. Levey
- The Aramaic Targum to Lamentations - a translation of the targum to Lamentations by C.M.M. Brady
- The Jewish Encyclopedia Entry on Targum
- The Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon - contains critical editions of all the targumim along with lexical tools and grammatical analysis.
- Targum - Catholic Encyclopedia article