kidzsearch.com > wiki
Tennin (天仁) was a Japanese era name (年号, nengō, , lit. "year name") after Kajō and before Ten'ei. This period started in August 1108 ended in July 1110. The reigning emperor was Toba-tennō (鳥羽天皇).
Events of the Tennin Era
- 1108 (Tennin 1): Minamoto no Tameyoshi became clan leader of the Seiwa Genji after the death of Minamoto no Yoshiie.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Tennin" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 960.
- Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du japon, pp. 178-181; Brown, Delmer et al. (1979). Gukanshō, pp. 320-322; Varley, H. Paul. (1980). Jinnō Shōtōki. pp. 203-204.
- Titsingh, p. 179.
- Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS) Archived 2009-02-25 at the Wayback Machine, France: Yoshida, Minoru and Aoyagi, Ryugi. "Fluorine and chlorine contents in the products of the 1108 (Tennin) eruption of Asama volcano," Bulletin of the Volcanological Society of Japan (Kazan). Vol. 49, No. 4 (2004). pp. 189-199; Hayakawa, Yukio and Hideko Nakajima. "Volcanic Eruptions and Hazards of Asama Written in Historical Records" (abstract), Bulletin of the Volcanological Society of Japan (Kazan). July 19, 2006.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō: