kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
The Clash playing a concert in Norway.
|Years active||1976 - 1986|
Nicky "Topper" Headon
The Clash were an English punk band. The band was formed in London in 1976. Their lead singer was Joe Strummer (1952-2002). The group was one of the most popular punk bands in England in the mid-1970s.
Although The Clash are known as an early punk rock band, they were willing to experiment with different styles, which they added to their music. Some of these styles were ska, reggae, and funk. Lyrics in their songs often dealt with political issues or stories in the news.
In 2003, the band entered the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. In 2004, Rolling Stone made a list of the Top 500 Rock Songs of All Time, and London Calling, a song by The Clash, was listed as song #15 on the list. No song by a punk rock band was higher on the list.
- Joe Strummer - Vocals and rhythm guitar
- Mick Jones - Lead guitar and vocals
- Paul Simonon - Bass guitar
- Topper Headon - Drums
- The Clash - (April 8, 1977) #12 UK, #126 U.S. 
- Give 'Em Enough Rope - (November 10, 1978) #2 UK, #128 U.S.
- London Calling (2LP) - (December 14, 1979) #9 UK, #27 U.S.
- Sandinista! (3LP) - (December 12, 1980) #19 UK, #24 U.S.
- Combat Rock - (May 14, 1982) #2 UK, #7 U.S.
- Cut The Crap - (November 4, 1985)