kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
Trevor Baylis at the DIY and Garden Show in Earls Court, London, January 2006
|Born||Trevor Grayham Baylis|
13 May 1937
Kilburn, London, England, U.K.
|Died||5 March 2018 (aged 80)|
Eel Pie Island, London, England, U.K.
|Known for||Wind-up radio|
Trevor Graham Baylis (13 May 1937 – 5 March 2018) was an English inventor. He was best known for the wind-up radio. He invented it in response to the need to communicate information about AIDS to the people of Africa.
- Wind-up radio inventor gets New Year Honour, BBC.com 2014-12-31
- "Trevor Baylis – The Biography of the Inventor of the Clockwork Radio Trevor Baylis CBE". http://www.trevorbaylisbrands.com/tbb/aboutus/trevorbaylis/trevor.asp.
- "2015 New Year Honours List". https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/391413/New_Year_Honours_List_2015.pdf.
- Trevor Baylis sexually abused at church. BBC News. 28 March 2010. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8591534.stm?ls. Retrieved 28 March 2010.
- Trevor Baylis: Wind-up radio inventor dies aged 80. BBC News. 5 March 2018. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43290756. Retrieved 5 March 2018.