kidzsearch.com > wiki
University of Pittsburgh
|University of Pittsburgh|
|Motto||Veritas et Virtus (Latin)|
|Motto in English||Truth and Virtue|
|Established||February 28, 1787|
|Type||State-related research university|
|Endowment||$4.311 billion (2019)|
|Chancellor||Patrick D. Gallagher|
|Provost||Ann E. Cudd|
|Location||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Campus||Urban, 132 acres (53 ha)|
|Former names||Pittsburgh Academy (1787–1819)|
Western University of Pennsylvania (1819–1908)
|Colors||Pitt Royal and Pitt Gold|
|Athletics||NCAA Division I – ACC, EAGL|
|Mascot||Roc the Panther|
|Affiliations||AAU, APLU, EDUCAUSE, MSA, ORAU, URA|
The University of Pittsburgh is a public university in the city of Pittsburgh in the United States of America. It is also called "Pitt". Pitt was started in 1787. Pitt has 27,562 students. Pitt is famous for philosophy, studying other countries, and its hospital called the "University of Pittsburgh Medical Center" (UPMC). Pitt does a lot of research. Pitt is also famous for its tall building named the "Cathedral of Learning". Pitt is also famous for sports. Pitt's best sports are American football and basketball.
- As of June 30, 2019. "U.S. and Canadian Institutions Listed by Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Endowment Market Value and Change in Endowment Market Value from FY 2018 to FY 2019". National Association of College and University Business Officers and TIAA. https://www.nacubo.org/-/media/Nacubo/Documents/EndowmentFiles/2019-NTSE-Endowment-Market-Values--FINAL-January-30-2020.ashx.
- Borghetti, E.J.; Sepich, R.J.; Welsh, Celeste, eds. (2019). "Pitt Quick Facts: University Info". University of Pittsburgh Brand Guidelines. University of Pittsburgh Althetic Communications Office. p. 42. https://www.brand.pitt.edu/sites/default/files/pitt_graphic_guidelines.pdf. Retrieved October 23, 2019. "Colors: Pitt Royal and Pitt Gold".
- "Primary Palette". 2019. https://www.brand.pitt.edu/resources-downloads/guidelines-pdfs. Retrieved September 2019.
- Alberts, Robert C. (1987). Pitt: The Story of the University of Pittsburgh 1787–1987. University of Pittsburgh Press. pp. book One; p. 1. . http://digital.library.pitt.edu/cgi-bin/t/text/pageviewer-idx?c=pittmiscpubs;cc=pittmiscpubs;rgn=full%20text;idno=00c50130m;didno=00c50130m;view=image;seq=0021;node=00c50130m%3A7.
- "The Philosophical Gourmet Report". Match 2009. http://www.philosophicalgourmet.com/overall.asp.
- "NRC Rankings in Each of 41 Areas". Research-Doctorate Programs in the United States: Continuity and Change. National Research Council. 1995. http://www.stat.tamu.edu/~jnewton/nrc_rankings/nrc41.html. Retrieved 2009-01-02.
- Gill, Cindy (Fall 2007). ""The Company We Keep"". Pitt. University of Pittsburgh. http://www.pittmag.pitt.edu/fall2007/feature1.html. Retrieved 2008-04-29.
- "Best Graduate Schools: Medical: University of Pittsburgh". USNews.com. 2008. http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/grad/med/items/04101. Retrieved 2009-01-02.
- UMPC Media Relations (2008-07-11). "UPMC Named to U.S. News & World Report Honor Roll of America’s Best Hospitals for the Ninth Time". Press release. Archived from the original on 2009-02-04. https://web.archive.org/web/20090204073516/http://www.upmc.com/MediaRelations/NewsReleases/2008/Pages/US-News-08.aspx. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- "University Times". 2006-09-14. http://mac10.umc.pitt.edu/u/FMPro?-db=ustory&-format=d.html&-lay=a&-sortfield=issueid%3a%3aissuedate&-sortorder=descend&keywords=NIH&-max=50&-recid=38849&-find=. Retrieved 2007-10-31.
- "PENNSYLVANIA — Allegheny County". National Register of Historic Places. http://www.nationalregisterofhistoricplaces.com/pa/Allegheny/state.html. Retrieved 2008-04-28.
- O'Brien, Jim (editor) (1982). Hail to Pitt: A Sports History of the University of Pittsburgh. Wolfson Publishing Co. .
- This figure reflects the total number of faculty at the Pittsburgh campus only. 373 additional faculty serve the four regional campuses for a university-wide total of 5,613 faculty members.
- This enrollment figure reflects the total headcount of full-time and part-time undergraduate and graduate students attending classes at the University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus in Fall 2019 only. An additional 5,353 full-time and part-time undergraduate students attend the university across the four regional campuses for a university-wide headcount of 33,744 total students, 24,553 of which are undergraduates.