kidzsearch.com > wiki
Video game music
Video game music is any musical instruments or soundtrack and background music found in video games. It can be from just a synthesizer tune to an orchestral piece. The older a game is, the simpler the music will be. In recent times, many games have had complex soundtracks similar to those of movies.
Interactive soundtracks in a video game is music changing into different sounds, depending on what the player does. It is also common for a video game soundtrack to be sold in stores or performed in concerts. Music is very important to gameplay.
There are many awards for composers who create the music in a video game. Awards available are from the Ivor Novello Awards, Spike Video Game Awards, Grammy Awards, International Film Music Critics Association, Inside Gaming and the MTV Video Music Awards.
- "Distant World: International Final Fantasy Concert Series". Ffdistantworlds.com. http://www.ffdistantworlds.com/index.php?option=com_eventlist&view=categoryevents&id=1&Itemid=59. Retrieved 2011-05-25.
- VGMdb Video Game Music and Anime Soundtrack Database | VGMdb
- GamesSound.com Academic articles on video game sound and music
- Early Video Game Soundtracks 2001 article on video game music, orig. published in In Magazine
- High Score: The New Era of Video Game Music at Tracksounds
- "The Evolution of Video Game Music", All Things Considered, April 12, 2008
- List of games with non-original music at uvlist.net
- Pretty Ugly Gamesound Study Website studying pretty and ugly game music and sound.
- CaptivatingSound.com Resources for design of game sound and music.
- Audio and Immersion PhD thesis about game audio and immersion.