kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Will Alsop in his Battersea office aLL Design
|Birth date||12 December 1947|
|Birth place||Northampton, Northamptonshire, England, UK|
|Date of death||12 May 2018(aged 70)|
|Projects||Yonkers Power Plant project; Clarke Quay Redevelopment project|
|Awards||Stirling Prize (2000); RIBA Worldwide Award (2004); Civic Trust Award (2003, 2006); RIBA Regional Award (London) (2006)|
William Allen Alsop, OBE RA (12 December 1947 – 12 May 2018) was a British architect and Professor of Architecture at University for the Creative Arts's Canterbury School of Architecture. In 2000, Alsop won the Stirling Prize, the most prestigious architecture award in the United Kingdom, for the Peckham Library in the south-east of London.
Alsop died on 12 May 2018 at the age of 70.
- "Will Alsop joins UCA Canterbury School of Architecture". University for the Creative Arts. http://www.ucreative.ac.uk/news/2013/june/will-alsop-appointed#.VfvkjbR8O-I. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- British architect Will Alsop has died aged 70, archpaper.com; accessed 13 May 2018.
- Official website of Will Alsop
- Will Alsop at the British Council website
- Will Alsop at the "From Here to Modernity" website on Open2.net, the online learning portal from the Open University and the BBC
- Will Alsop at the Royal Academy of Arts website
- Radio interview of William Alsop on 4 April 2005 at the A Palaver website (available as stream)
- Interview with Will Alsop (video)