kidzsearch.com > wiki
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1090s 1100s 1110s – 1120s – 1130s 1140s 1150s|
|Years:||1117 1118 1119 – 1120 – 1121 1122 1123|
- The Song Dynasty governor of the seaport of Quanzhou, Fujian, China, reports the population of his city has reached 500,000.
- August–September (the eighth month of the Chinese calendar) – Wanyan Xiyin completes the design of the first version of the Jurchen script
- January 16 – The Council of Nablus is held in the Kingdom of Jerusalem.
- June 17 – at the Battle of Cutanda, the Aragonese troops of Alfonso I defeat the Almoravid army.
- November 25 – The White Ship is wrecked in the English Channel, resulting in the death of the son of King Henry I of England.
- Walcher of Malvern creates a system of measurement for the earth using degrees, minutes, and seconds of latitude and longitude.
- Construction begins on Llandaff Cathedral in Wales.
- Foundation of Freiburg in Breisgau.
- Under admirals Abu Abd Allah ibn Maymum of Almeria and Isa ibn Mayum of Sevilla, the Almoravid fleet attacks the Christian kingdom of Galicia.
- November 28 – Manuel I Comnenus, Byzantine Emperor (d. 1180)
- Ioveta of Bethany, daughter of Baldwin II of Jerusalem
- Louis VII of France (d. 1180)
- November 25 – William Adelin, son of Henry I of England (sinking of the White Ship) (b. 1103)
- September 3 – Gerard Thom (The Blessed Gerard), founder of the Knights Hospitaller (b. c. 1040)
- Richard d'Avranches, 2nd Earl of Chester (b. 1094)
- Gilbert Meynier (2010) L'Algérie cœur du Maghreb classique. De l'ouverture islamo-arabe au repli (658-1518). Paris: La Découverte; pp.86.
- Picard C. (1997) La mer et les musulmans d'Occident au Moyen Age. Paris: Presses Universitaires de France.