kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1080s 1090s 1100s – 1110s – 1120s 1130s 1140s|
|Years:||1116 1117 1118 – 1119 – 1120 1121 1122|
- June 28 – Battle of Ager Sanguinis: Ilghazi, the ruler of Aleppo, wipes out a Crusader army from the Principality of Antioch.
- August 14 – Battle of Hab: Baldwin II of Jerusalem's Crusaders defeat Ilghazi's army, saving Antioch.
- August 20 – Battle of Bremule: Henry I of England routs Louis VI.
- September 19 – Severe Earthquake in Gloucestershire & Warwickshire, England.
- Robert Bruce, 1st Lord of Cleveland and Annandale, grants and confirms the church of St. Hilda of Middleburg (Middlesbrough) to Whitby.
- February 2 – Pope Callixtus II succeeds Pope Gelasius II as the 162nd pope.
- Knights Templar Founded by Hugh de Payns.
- Councils of Toulouse and Reims.
- In his Pingzhou Table Talks published in this year, the Song Dynasty Chinese writer Zhu Yu writes of the earliest known use of separate hull compartments in ships.
- Zhu Yu's book is the first to report the use of a magnetic compass for navigation at sea, although the first actual description of the magnetic compass is by another Chinese writer Shen Kuo in his Dream Pool Essays published in 1088.
- January 24 – Pope Gelasius II
- July 17 – Baldwin VII of Flanders
- Alan IV, Duke of Brittany
- Roger of Salerno, regent of Antioch
- Henry de Beaumont, 1st Earl of Warwick
- Stratton, J.M. (1969). Agricultural Records. John Baker. .
- McGrank, Lawrence (1981). "Norman crusaders and the Catalan reconquest: Robert Burdet and te principality of Tarragona 1129-55". Journal of Medieval History 7 (1): 67–82. http://www.sciencedirect.com.proxy.library.uu.nl/science/article/pii/0304418181900361.
- Weber, N.. "Petrobrusians". Catholic Encyclopedia. http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/11781a.htm. Retrieved 27 January 2013.