kidzsearch.com > wiki
19th century BC
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
|Centuries:||20th century BC · 19th century BC · 18th century BC|
|Decades:|| 1890s BC 1880s BC 1870s BC 1860s BC 1850s BC|
1840s BC 1830s BC 1820s BC 1810s BC 1800s BC
|Categories:|| Births – Deaths |
Establishments – Disestablishments
The 19th century BC was the century that lasted from 1900 BC to 1801 BC.
- Hittite empire in Hattusa, Anatolia.
- 1900 BC: Proto-Greek invasions of Greece.
- c. 1900 BC: Minoan Old Palace (Protopalatial) period starts in Crete.
- c. 1900 BC: Fall of last Sumerian dynasty.
- c. 1900 BC: Late Harappan Phase of the Indus Valley Civilization begins
- c. 1900 BC: The Mokaya along the Pacific coast of present-day Chiapas, Mexico were preparing cacao beverages.
- c. 1900 BC: Port of Lothal is abandoned.
- c. 1897 BC: Senwosret II (Twelfth Dynasty) started to rule. He built Kahun near his pyramide tomb complex at el-Lahun.
- c. 1895–1878 BC: "Pectoral of Senwosret II", from the tomb of princess Sithathoryunet at el-Lahun was made. It is now in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York.
- c. 1880 BC: Pharaoh Senwosret II starts to rule (other date is 1897 BC).
- c. 1878 BC: Senwosret III started to rule.
- 1876 BC: Israelites enter Egypt after two years of famine (according to one interpretation of internal Biblical chronology; an alternate date is 1986 BC).
- c. 1874 BC: Pharaoh Senwosret II dies (other date is 1878 BC).
- c. 1874 BC: Pharaoh Senwosret III starts to rule (other date is 1878 BC).
- c. 1860 BC: Senusret III inspects the Nubian frontier, he leads four battles against the Nubians.
- c. 1855 BC: Pharaoh Senwosret III dies (other date is 1839 BC).
- 1836 BC-1818 BC: Head statue of Senusret III is made. It is now at The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City, Missouri.