kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
24th century BC
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Millennium:||3rd millennium BC|
|Centuries:||25th century BC · 24th century BC · 23rd century BC|
|Decades:|| 2390s BC 2380s BC 2370s BC 2360s BC 2350s BC|
2340s BC 2330s BC 2320s BC 2310s BC 2300s BC
|Categories:|| Births – Deaths |
Establishments – Disestablishments
The 24th century BC is a century which was from the year 2400 BC to 2301 BC.
- c. 2900 BC – 2334 BC: Mesopotamian wars of the Early Dynastic period continue.
- c. 2360 BC: Hekla-4 eruption.
- c. 2400 BC: 2000 BC- Large painted jar with birds in the border (Indus valley civilization) now at the Boston Art Museum.
- c. 2350 BC: End of the Early Dynastic III period in Mesopotamia.
- c. 2350 BC: First destruction of the city of Mari.
- c. 2345 BC: End of Fifth Dynasty. Pharaoh Unas died.
- c. 2345 BC: Sixth dynasty of Egypt starts (other date is 2460 BC).
- c. 2340 BC – 2180 BC: Akkadian Empire.
- c. 2334 BC – 2279 BC: Semitic chieftain Sargon of Akkad's conquest of Sumer and Mesopotamia.
- City of Lothal founded under the Indus valley civilization.
- c. 2332 BC—Sargon of Akkad starts to rule
- Enheduanna, daughter of Sargon, priestess and the first author known by name
- Ptahhotep, ancient Egyptian Vizier, author of The Maxims of Ptahhotep
Inventions, discoveries and introductions
- The first official mentioning of beekeeping in Egypt
- The first documented use of an organized courier service for distributing written documents in Egypt
In popular culture