kidzsearch.com > wiki
Afghanistan at the Olympics
|Afghanistan at the|
|NOC||Afghanistan National Olympic Committee|
|Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Team appearances list/data' not found.|
In the 2004 Summer Olympics two women, Robina Muqim Yaar and Friba Razayee, were the first women to compete for Afghanistan at the Olympics. Mehboba Ahdyar, a woman in the 2008 Summer Olympics had death threats because of her plan to be in the Games.
|Bronze||Rohullah Nikpai||2008 Beijing||Taekwondo||Men's 58 kg|
|Bronze||Rohullah Nikpai||2012 London||Taekwondo||Men's 68 kg|
- SportsReference.com (SR/Olympics), "Afghanistan" Archived 2020-04-17 at the Wayback Machine; retrieved 2012-7-28.
- Olympics.org, "Factsheet: The Olympic Movement"; retrieved 2012-7-28.
- "Official abbreviations" at The Games of the XVIII Olympiad, Tokyo, 1964, [p. 9 of 409 PDF]; retrieved 2012-8-16.
- Afghanistan; retrieved 2012-7-28.
- BBC. "Afghan women's Olympic dream". http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3826673.stm.
- Associated Press (2008-03-16). "Afghan Woman Runs Toward Olympics Despite Jeers, Potential Danger". http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,338296,00.html.
- Afghanistan National Olympic Committee
- Afghan Sports History Archived 2016-02-02 at the Wayback Machine
- Afghanistan profile at London2012.com