kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Albert Finney in 1966
9 May 1936|
Pendleton, Greater Manchester, England, UK
7 February 2019 (aged 82)|
Brompton, London, England, UK
|Education||The Tootal Drive Primary School|
|Alma mater||The Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts|
|Known for||Tom Jones in Tom Jones|
|Awards||Golden Globe Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, Emmy Award, BAFTA Award|
Albert Finney (9 May 1936 – 7 February 2019) was a British movie, television and stage actor. His career lasted 60 years. Finney was mostly known for his role in Tom Jones, for his role as Hercule Poirot in Murder on the Orient Express and for his role as Edward Bloom in Big Fish. He won a Golden Globe Award, a Screen Actors Guild Award, an Emmy Award, and a BAFTA Award. He was also the voice of Finis Everglot in Tim Burton's Corpse Bride.
Finney was born in Pendleton, Greater Manchester, England on 9 May 1938. He was educated at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts. Finney married Jane Wenham from 1957 to 1961. Finney married Anouk Aimée from 1970 to 1978. He married Pene Delmage in 2006. He had a son, Simon.
- "L'acteur britannique Albert Finney, qui a incarné Hercule Poirot, est mort" (in French). Paris: culturebox.francetvinfo.fr and AFP. 8 February 2019. https://m.culturebox.francetvinfo.fr/cinema/l-acteur-britannique-albert-finney-qui-a-incarne-hercule-poirot-est-mort-285340#xtref=https://www.google.com/.
- Awards for Albert Finney on IMDb
- "Albert Finney Biography". filmreference. 2008. Archived from the original on 26 December 2008. http://www.filmreference.com/film/2/Albert-Finney.html. Retrieved 22 January 2009.
- Eden, Richard (15 May 2011). "Film star Albert Finney won’t let cancer grind him down". telegraph. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/8514173/Film-star-Albert-Finney-wont-let-cancer-grind-him-down.html. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Taylor, Paul (30 November 2012). "Actor Albert Finney - son of Salford - loves to come home". Manchester Evening News (manchestereveningnews.co.uk). http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/film-and-tv/actor-albert-finney---son-698038. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Actor Albert Finney dies aged 82". BBC. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47175304.
- "Albert Finney, 'Angry Young Man' Who Became a Hollywood Star, Dies at 82". The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/08/movies/albert-finney-dead.html. Retrieved 8 February 2019.